Date(s) - Tuesday, December 3, 2019
7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
City Sports Grille at Spare Time
WHAT: Northampton Jazz Workshop Featuring trombonist Steve Davis
WHEN: Tuesday, December 3rd from 7:30 to 8:30 followed by the open jazz jam session.
WHERE: City Sports Grille at Spare Time Northampton, 525 Pleasant St., Northampton, MA
One of our all time favorite players, trombonist Steve Davis returns on Tuesday the 3rd as our guest soloist. We are also thrilled to be working with Steve on another teaching project, this time as part of the Elliot Ross Jazz Artists in the Schools program working with the Northampton High School jazz band. This program is organized by the Northampton Jazz Festival and is funded by donations made in the memory of Elliot Ross, a former student of the Northampton schools who passed two years ago. I’m sure some of the members of the school band will be joining us at the club during the jam session. https://stevedavismusic.com
The concert set starts at 7:30, followed immediately by the jam session until 10:30. $5 per person room charge for the concert set and donations to the band gratefully accepted. City Sports Grille at Spare Time Northampton, 525 Pleasant St., Northampton, MA. 413-584-4830
Also of Interest
1. Sunday, December 1st, the Sprague/Jaffe/Ennis Trio . Doors 6:30 / Show 7:00 The Perch at Hawks & Reed Tickets: $20 in advance, $25 day of show.
2. Friday, Dec 6, Swing Set (vocal jazz ensemble) at Pioneer Valley CoHousing First Friday Concert Series. Show starts at 7:30pm (120 Pulpit Hill Rd in Amherst)
3. Saturday, December 7 at 8:00 p.m. – Jazz Baby at the Hotel Northampton, 36 King Street, Northampton, MA. Come dance to Kellso’s Hot Six in a 1920s style jazz club to benefit NEPR Radio. For tickets and more information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jazz-baby-a-1920s-jazz-age-holiday-party-tickets-77935203291
4. SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT 7:30 PM-JAZZ SHARES PRESENTS: CHRISTOPH IRNIGER PILGRIM at Springfield Community Music School, 127 State St., Springfield, MA 01103
5. The Vermont Jazz Center’s Big Band will present its Annual Scholarship Gala on Saturday, December 7th at 8:00 PM. Featured vocalist is 2-Time Grammy Winner Peter Eldridge.
6 . A liitle music industry history: The Story of Erroll Garner, the First Artist to Sue a Major Label and Win – Variety
Upcoming Guest Artists:
12/10 – John Stowell on guitar
12/17 – Karrin Allyson on vocals
12/24 – No Music
12/31 – No Music