Date(s) - Friday, February 15, 2019
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
On Friday, February 15th, The School For Contemporary Dance & Thought will host its 2019 GALA to celebrate an incredible year and dance into 2019. In addition to dynamic performances featuring movement, sound, and film artists, we’ll serve drinks and food from local vendors – and we want you to be one of them!
6PM Art Show // 7-8:30PM Party! & Installation // 8:30PM SCDT Showcase
It’s been a tremendous year at SCDT. In addition to our regular slate of classes in modern, ballet, and improvisational techniques, we programmed an astounding array of high-caliber performances by internationally renowned artists – too many to list here! Please visit scdtnoho.com for a peek at our schedule past and present.
The SCDT Gala is just part of an art-packed 2019 at its home, STUDIO4:
– SCDT is now NON PROFIT! All donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
– SCDT is hosting the Bodies in Motion Festival January 10th – February 3rd, 2019, hosting over 50 artists and collaborating with A.P.E @Hawley. http://www.scdtnoho.com/bodies-in-motion-festival.html
– On Sunday, January 27th, SCDT’s teen dance company HATCHERY will premiere work by Cameron Mickinney ( NYC) at the Bodies in Motion Festival.
– On Saturday, February 2nd, SCDT will present the 21st HUT, with 3 NYC artists- Johathan Gonzalez, John Blum, and Lee JOHNSON. HUT has hosted over 90 regional and national artists over the past 3 years!
– On Saturday, February 9th, SCDT will host an open house to introduce the MOVEMENT RESOURCE STUDIO, a studio for innovative movement therapy.
– SCDT will be hosting 3 new national and international artist residencies including the Davis Project and Los Little guys.
– Finally, the Gala will feature special guests, Board members Dante Brown, Wendy Woodson, Melinda Buckwalter, Smith faculty Chris Aiken, Hampshire faculty Deb Goffe, and many more! Live music from local bands!
YOU GIVE! A donation of any kind! Some baked goods or a small platter, for example cheese plate, finger food, hors d’oeuvres…
YOU GET! Business listing and logo on the SCDT website; special sponsorship notice with logo on STUDIO4’s February Events poster; representation at Gala; and special thanks at all events!
If you would like to donate food or drinks to the Gala, please let us know by MONDAY JANUARY 21st.
Graphics and/or logos due JANUARY 27th. Please contact Jennifer Polins at (413) 695-1799 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.